Email FIANNA Fáil councillor for Limerick County, Mike Donegan, believes party colleague, Niall Collins TD’s performance in this year’s election has been “very positive”, as the party aims to take a second seat in the County constituency.As Fine Gael candidate Patrick O’Donovan currently leads the General Election count in Limerick County with the first count still underway, Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins currently sits with the second-highest number of first preference votes in the Limerick County.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Collins’ running-mate, Cllr Michael Collins is hopeful of taking one of the three seats up for grabs in Limerick County.“It was a surprise election in many ways, I suppose Sinn Féin have bucked the trend, and between Séighin Ó Cheallaigh (Sinn Féin), and Richard O’Donoghue the Independent Councillor, both of them are neck-and-neck now with Tom Neville (Fine Gael) coming into the frame now as well,” said Cllr Mike Donegan.The Fianna Fáil councillor said the party would hope Cllr Michael Collins “would get a lift from transfers” but notes “it’s all to play for now”.He said the performance of Niall Collins TD was “very positive”, saying, “with all the discussion about a second candidate, we had a second candidate now, and we’ve got a good turnout and we will be hoping Niall will get elected.”First count still underway in Limerick County, Top four candidates:Patrick O’Donovan FG- 20%Niall Collins FF – 18%Séighin O’Ceallaigh SF – 15%Richard O’Donoghue IND – 15%First count still underway. See pic for further figures#KeepingLimerickPosted #GE2020 pic.twitter.com/Q7lxji632y— Limerick Post (@limerickpost) February 9, 2020 Advertisement NewsPoliticsVideoCllr Mike Donegan believes Niall Collins TD’s performance ‘very positive’ in General ElectionBy Cian Reinhardt – February 9, 2020 705 Print Linkedin Twitter Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleFund public services not animal abuseNext articleFootballers earn a dramatic late win over Carlow Cian Reinhardthttp://www.limerickpost.ieJournalist & Digital Media Coordinator. Covering human interest and social issues as well as creating digital content to accompany news stories. [email protected]
Máire GriffinTHE Covid lockdown hasn’t stopped an Abbeyfeale woman from seeing green shoots emerge as she builds her organic business.Máire Griffin launched OrganiGo in late 2020, creating a range of freshly prepared and ready to eat organic vegetables produced in County Limerick.The products are prepared by Máire and her team at her purpose-built food production facility in Abbeyfeale.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Reared on her family’s dairy farm just outside Ballybunion, Máire always had an interest in organic food and graduated from the University of Limerick with a BSc degree in Food Science and Health as well as undertaking a Masters in Food Law.She decided to set up OrganiGo after spotting there was no “easy to go” healthy vegetable snacks available in the market here in Ireland and although the kitting out of her facility was delayed earlier this year due to the first lockdown, she is now up and running.All of the vegetables are supplied by certified organic farms, the vegetables are then washed, spiralised into noodles rinsed again and dried before being packaged into biodegradable packaging and chilled down to four degrees before sale.OrganiGo’s range of vegetable noodles are now available in health food shops and various Supervalu Stores in Munster.The range which currently includes courgette, beetroot and butternut squash noodles are all packaged in fully compostable packaging and there are plans to expand the range in the next few months.She is passionate about the reduction of her carbon footprint and hopes to have zero waste to landfill within the next three years. Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Linkedin BusinessNewsGreen shoots sprout for Máire’s organic businessBy Bernie English – February 12, 2021 112 Advertisement Email Print Previous articleNew scheme to help hard-hit Limerick tourism operatorsNext articleThousands of jobs could go the way of the Dodo Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news.
Back to overview,Home naval-today US Navy to commission 64th Arleigh Burke destroyer ‘Ralph Johnson’ View post tag: USS Ralph Johnson The US Navy is set to commission its 64th Arleigh Burke destroyer in a ceremony in Charleston, South Carolina, on Saturday, March 24.The future USS Ralph Johnson (DDG 114) is the 30th DDG 51 class destroyer built by the Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) shipyard and the first warship named for Medal of Honor recipient Marine Pfc. Ralph Henry Johnson.Johnson, a native of Charleston, posthumously received the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions during the Vietnam War. Johnson used his body to shield two fellow Marines from a grenade, absorbing the blast and dying instantly in March 1968.In early fall of 2014, the keel of Ralph Johnson was laid down. The ship was launched on Dec. 12, 2015 and christened on April 2, 2016 during ceremonies at the Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi.The ship was officially received by the navy in November 2017 having previously completed builder’s and navy trials in July and September 2017.Ralph Johnson is the third of the DDG 51 Flight IIA restart ships and comes equipped with Aegis Baseline 9 combat system, which includes an Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) capability incorporating Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) 5.0 and Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air. Aegis Baseline 9 IAMD destroyers have increased computing power, along with radar upgrades which improve detection and reaction capabilities against modern anti-air warfare and BMD threats.The ship will be homeported at Everett, Washington. Authorities Share this article View post tag: Arleigh Burke-class US Navy to commission 64th Arleigh Burke destroyer ‘Ralph Johnson’ View post tag: US Navy March 23, 2018
Oxford is the eighth most expensive city to live in the world and second highest in the UK, according to new figures.Statistics released by student accommodation marketplace Student.com show the average weekly student rent in Oxford to be $271 – the equivalent of £206.This makes Oxford the second most expensive student city in Britain after London, and £11 more expensive than the £195 paid by Cambridge students.The figures, published in the Cities in Focus: 2018 Global Student Accommodation Indicator report, were based off a representative sample size of more than 12,000 students who booked accommodation around the world via Student.com between 1 November 2016 and 31 October 2017.An Oxford University spokesperson told Cherwell: “The high cost of renting in Oxford is very concerning because it makes it difficult for staff at the University and other employers to afford to live near to where they work. This does make it harder to attract academic and professional staff to work here.“The university and colleges have made it a priority to build new accommodation for hundreds of students in the past few years, which eases the burden on Oxford’s rental market.”As well as showing average rates by institution, the report also gave a national league table which suggested that the UK is the second most expensive country for students to live.Weekly rents are £165 on average across the country, compared to the £155 per week paid by students in America.Students in Australia reportedly spend the most on their weekly rent, splashing £194 on average.
Jack-up rig fleet owner Borr Drilling reported a net loss for the fourth quarter of 2018.The loss was $110.7 million down from a loss of $61,7 million in the corresponding quarter of 2017. Net loss in the third quarter of 2018 was $39 million.On average, 8.6 rigs were operating during the fourth quarter of 2018 generating operating revenues of US$53.5 million compared to operating revenues of US$0.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2017 where only one rig had commenced operations just before the year-end.Due to the difference in activity level between 2018 and 2017 in its results presentation, Borr decided it was better to compare Q4 2018 figures to Q3 2018 operating revenue figures.According to the company, operating revenues were US$53.5 million for the three months ended December 31, 2018 versus US$49.7 million for the three months ended September 30, 2018, an increase of US$3.8 million.The increase was driven by the “Mist” and the “Prospector 1” jack-up rigs starting commencing their contracts during the period, partly offset by the contract ending for the standard jack-up rig “L1112” (“Ed Holt”) at the end of the third quarter of 2018.During the fourth quarter, Borr added a total backlog of 108 months with an estimated total revenue of US$257 million.
The Boys Golf Regionals were held at Clarksville Providence at Champions Pointe on Thursday (6-11).Center Grove took the team title followed by Bloomington South, and Floyd Central. Greensburg placed 16th.East Central’s Chad Spencer shot a 75. North Decatur’s Dayne Lacher shot a 78. Jac-Cen-Del’s Lucas Williams shot a 86.2015 Golf Regionals @ ProvidenceCourtesy of the IHSAA.