Tag: 上海后花园千花网

Tshisekedi urged to reopen TV channel shut down last weekend

first_img Crédit : RTVS1 July 3, 2019 Tshisekedi urged to reopen TV channel shut down last weekend News Organisation Democratic Republic of CongoAfrica Media independence Freedom of expression Congolese reporter wounded by gunshot while covering protest in Goma News The signal of Radio Télévision par Satellite (RTVS1) was disconnected during the day on 29 June as it was broadcasting a programme in which guests were calling for participation in a demonstration banned by the authorities. The channel is owned by Adolphe Muzito, one of the leaders of the opposition to Tshisekedi.“This outright act of censorship is a complete contradiction of the new president’s promises to respect press freedom,” said Arnaud Froger, the head of RSF’s Africa desk. “Abuses against Congolese journalists and media outlets are down since the start of the year. We urge the new administration not to return to the past by using the censorship methods employed under Joseph Kabila’s regime.”During his inaugural address on 24 January, President Tshisekedi said he wanted to turn the media into a “real fourth estate” and on World Press Freedom Day (3 May), he pledged to turn the media into “one of the key motors of the rule of law.”In a joint letter to Tshisekedi in early May, RSF and JED recommended five concrete measures that he should take to keep these promises. They included an end to arrests of journalists and to arbitrary closures of media outlets, and an overhaul of repressive legislation that criminalizes journalism in the DRC.Ranked 154th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2019 World Press Freedom Index, the DRC is the sub-Saharan country where RSF registered the most cases of press freedom obstruction in 2018.Read attached the press release of Journalist in Danger, RSF’s partner organization : Receive email alerts Follow the news on Democratic Republic of Congo Help by sharing this information Reporters Without Borders (RSF) and its Congolese partner, Journalist in Danger (JED), condemn last weekend’s arbitrary closure of an opposition TV channel in Kinshasa, the first closure of this kind under President Félix Tshisekedi, and urge the new president to refrain from using his predecessor’s censorship methods. News to go further Related documents rd_congo.pdfPDF – 216.1 KB Democratic Republic of CongoAfrica Media independence Freedom of expression Journalist arrested on provincial governor’s orders RSF_en News February 18, 2021 Find out more February 24, 2021 Find out more February 16, 2021 Find out more Reporter jailed in DRC for allegedly defaming parliamentarianlast_img read more

read more

BCCI does it’s bit to strengthen Rupee, will halve it’s $32.61 Forex holdings

first_imgThe Indian cricket board is the biggest earner of foreign exchange amongst all sports bodies in the country. This is an important contribution that BCCI makes to the Indian foreign exchange kitty, but the body hardly gets the credit for it.Now, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has amended its rules and made it mandatory for all foreign exchange earners to retain only 50 per cent of the foreign exchange, as against the earlier limit of 100 per cent, and the rest be converted into Indian rupees.The RBI has taken this step to arrest the sharp depreciation in rupee. With more dollars coming in, the rupee gets strengthened. “The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which boasts of $32.61 million in foreign exchange, has readily agreed to abide by the rules,” according to a top Board official.BCCI president N Srinivasan recently admitted to Mail Today in an interview that it’s already having problems with tax authorities after they re-opened old assessments dating back to seven years.”RBI amended its rules in May – and revised them last month – which entails all concerned parties to convert 50 per cent of their foreign exchange into rupees. The issue was discussed by the BCCI and the members unanimously agreed to abide by the new rules,” the official told Mail Today.”The BCCI currently has $32.61 million in its Exchange Earner’s Foreign Currency (EEFC) account and half of it is being turned into rupees, as per the RBI instructions.” It means that $16.305 million will be converted into rupees, which comes to Rs 88.84 crore at a current rate of Rs 55.52 per dollar.advertisementThe BCCI, as per its 2010-11 balance sheet, is worth Rs 2,530.88 crore.The main sources of foreign exchange income for the BCCI are television rights since bidders for various television rights are always asked to bid in dollar terms, various sponsors of the BCCI, as well as, the Indian Premier League and the Champions League T20.”Further, the 10 franchises who bought the IPL teams also paid the BCCI in dollars. And although the player auction for IPL also takes place in dollars, the money doesn’t go to the Board,” pointed out another official.The RBI on May 10 issued a circular to all Authorised Dealer Category-I (AD Category-I) banks, referring to a 2006 circular that allowed all foreign exchange earners to retain 100 per cent of their forex earnings in EEFC accounts. After a review of the scheme, the RBI said that 50 per cent of the balances in the EEFC accounts should be converted forthwith into rupee balances and credited to the rupee accounts as per the directions of the account holder.”This process may be completed within a fortnight from the date of the circular (May 10, 2012) and compliance reported to the chief general manager, Foreign Exchange Department, Central Office, Mumbai,” the circular said.While mentioning that the circular was being issued under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) 1999, the RBI said that “the facility of EEFC scheme is intended to enable exchange earners to save on conversion/transaction costs while undertaking forex transactions in future. This facility is not intended to enable exchange earners to maintain assets in foreign currency, as India is still not fully convertible on capital account”.The RBI then amended the regulations for “operational convenience” on July 31, allowing “credit of 100 per cent foreign exchange earnings to the EEFC account subject to the condition that the sum total of the accruals in the account during a calendar month should be converted into rupees on or before the last day of the succeeding calendar month…””Accordingly, balances outstanding in an EEFC account as on July 31, 2012, and those balances that would accrue in the account with effect from August 1, 2012, shall get converted into rupee balances on or before close of business on September 30, 2012. Similar procedure may be followed for accruals during the subsequent months.”last_img read more

read more

Pinned tweet: Non-inclusion in PBA All-Rookie team fires up Kiefer Ravena

first_imgMOST READ The 18-month ban that began on February 2018 and will end on August 2019 prohibited Ravena from suiting up for the Road Warriors.The 25-year-old Ravena completed only the all-Filipino conference and played just a total of 16 games last season.The former Ateneo superstar averaged 17.2 points, 4.0 rebounds and 5.6 assists in five games in the 2018 Commissioner’s Cup before the suspension.And as if Ravena needs more motivation, him not being awarded as one of the finest freshmen from last season would only light the fire in his belly.Ravena won’t be cleared to participate in basketball-related activities and play until August 24, 2019.ADVERTISEMENT What caused him his place in the rookie selection was the suspension by Fiba after he tested positive for banned substances in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) List. Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations PBA: Phoenix beats Columbian for franchise-best start at 3-0 Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Phoenix’s Jason Perkins, San Miguel Beer’s Christian Standhardinger and Paul Zamar, Alaska’s Jeron Teng and Magnolia’s Robbie Herdon made up the All-Rookie Team.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next *Pinned tweet* 🙂🤫 https://t.co/Foj7kAOGAu— Kiefer Ravena (@kieferravena) January 21, 2019FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting LATEST STORIES ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes View comments SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Kiefer Ravena did not make the All-Rookie Team by the PBA Press Corps during its annual awards night and he made sure he wouldn’t forget it.But his exclusion clearly wasn’t a knock on Ravena, who quickly showed why he was the second overall pick by NLEX in the 2017 PBA Draft.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

read more

Las Vegas shooting leaves at least 59 dead including gunman several hundred

first_imgHORRIFIC SCENE: Do not let this be called anything else but DOMESTIC TERRORISM. AP reports 2dead 13critical & dozens injured. #MandalayBay pic.twitter.com/q7faKkCPpN— Eduardo Samaniego (@EduSamani) October 2, 2017More than 520 people were hospitalized and at least 58 were killed, including two unidentified off-duty Las Vegas Metro Police officers.  KUSI Newsroom LAS VEGAS (KUSI) — At least 59 people were killed, including the gunman, and several hundred were injured when they were hit with bullets from the 32nd floor of a Las Vegas hotel onto concert-goers watching headliner Jason Aldean perform Sunday night.The country music star was performing for 22,000 people at an outdoor three-day music festival called Route 91 Harvest Festival when a gunman — identified as Stephen Craig Paddock, 64, of Mesquite Nevada — opened fire from a room at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino room across from the concert. Left: Photo of 64-year-old Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada. Right: Windows shot out of a room at the Mandalay Bay hotel, where Paddock was believed to have rained bullets onto a crowd of concert-goers (Getty Images).  There was no stated motive for the attack, but officials with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said they do not believe there is a threat to the United States at this time. The Federal Bureau of Investigations said Monday they do not believe the attack had any link to terrorist groups, despite ISIS claiming responsibility for the shooting without any evidence. The gunman was described as a “lone wolf.”A woman previously considered a person-of-interest was found outside of the country at the time of the attack, police said. Marilou Danley, 62, was Paddock’s roommate and was not believed to be involved.  Las Vegas shooting leaves at least 59 dead, including gunman, several hundred injured in deadliest attack in US history My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2017Previously, the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history took place at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June 2016. In that attack, 49 people were killed.  @FBILasVegas is asking anyone with videos or photos from the 10/1/17 Las Vegas shooting to please call 1-800-CALLFBI (255-5324)— FBI Las Vegas (@FBILasVegas) October 2, 2017Paddock did not have any previous criminal history, according to police. His brother, Eric Paddock told reporters in Orlando, Florida his brother was “not a normal guy” and that he played high-stakes video poker. They were last in contact in September, Eric Paddock said. Speaking from the White House Monday, President Donald Trump offered his support to the victims of the attack. He called the shooting an “act of pure evil” and said he would visit Las Vegas on Wednesday.”I feel such great anger at the senseless murder of our fellow citizens, it is our love that binds us today and always will,” Trump said. Earlier in the day, the president tweeted his condolences: October 2, 2017center_img To my beloved friends in #LasVegas, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. pic.twitter.com/C3kUkjoVzw— Lisa Remillard (@LisaRemillard) October 2, 2017 Insane…. this JUST happened. #PrayForVegas pic.twitter.com/RWgjFW7BHy— Luke (@LukeBroadlick) October 2, 2017 Posted: October 2, 2017 KUSI Newsroom, We are sadden to report that one of the deceased from Sunday night’s shooting, was an off-duty #LVMPD police officer. #LVMPDnews— LVMPD (@LVMPD) October 2, 2017About 15 to 20 San Diego Police Department (SDPD) officers were at the weekend music festival, but all were okay, SDPD Chief Shelley Zimmerman said Monday. The department was working to gather an exact count of officers and identify who exactly was in attendance. The Los Angeles Police Department said one of their off-duty officers was shot in the leg but was expected to recover. LA County Sheriff’s officials said two off-duty employees were struck by gunfire. One was in critical condition and the other was stable.Related Link: California law enforcement officers wounded in Las VegasAn Orange County sheriff’s deputy, a Bakersfield police officer and an Ontario police officer were among the more than 500 people injured Sunday. Aldean was in the middle of a song when shots were fired rapidly over the crowd. The music paused momentarily and began again, before a second round of shots rang out, a witness told Associated Press. Video from the scene shows Aldean stopping his performance and running from the stage as concert-goers scattered. The country star posted on Instagram, “Tonight has been beyond horrific. I still don’t know what to say… My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight. It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”With several hundred people injured, hospital rooms were jammed with patients transported by ambulance and driven in cars. Those who were missing family or friends were asked to call 1-866-535-5654. Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval said at a news conference Monday he visited some of the injured at local hospitals and described the victims as feeling angry and confused. He called the act cowardly and despicable. A SWAT team stormed the gunman’s hotel, using explosives to get access inside, and found Paddock dead. Officers believe he killed himself. At least eight weapons, including many long rifles, were found in the hotel room. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombado said 18 additional firearms, explosives and several hundred rounds of ammo were found in the suspect’s home.  Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

read more