Tweet EducationLocalNewsPrimarySecondary Parents and teachers urged to participate in special education training program by: – April 7, 2012 51 Views one comment Share Share Sharing is caring! Photo credit: rhonda4_edublogs.orgParents of children with disabilities as well as teachers are being urged to participate in a two day training program during the Easter school break organized by the Achievement Learning Centre.The Achievement Learning Centre located on Elliot Street in Pottersville is a vocational training centre which offers special educational programs for students as well as the youth.The Special Education Training Program which will run from 12th April to 13th April will seek to provide teachers and parents with practical strategies which they can use in the classroom.Beverly Leblanc of the Achievement Learning Centre told Dominica Vibes News that the training program has been organized as several teachers have expressed interest in doing training in learning disabilities in special education.“We are targeting both teachers and parents. The focus will be an overview of and the characteristics of learning disabilities, what is spectrum disorder, emotional behavior disorder and speech. Class room strategies as well as home strategies will also be concentrated on”.The training program which is opened to teachers and parents at a cost of $100.00 will be facilitated by volunteers of the Florida Association for Volunteer Action in the Caribbean and Americas (FAVACA) who will focus on “behavioral approaches”.They are said to be preparing a manual on life skill training to teach the young people about communication and decision making which will help them address some of the issues that they are faced with on a daily basis. Participants will receive a certificate of completion and the FAVACA volunteers will also be providing school supplies to each participant who represents a school.In addition to the school supplies, participants will also received handouts on practical information.Dominica Vibes News Share
Tweet 15 Views no discussions Bishop Bill Daniel (file photo).The Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies (PAWI) has described as successful, a three day conference which just ended in Dominica.Head of the PAWI Dominica Bishop Michael Daniel said the event which was held at the Peoples Family Pentecostal Church addressed several topics.He also informed that the members elected a new executive.“After two years we always come together for the purpose of electing new officers. We started the conference in the presence of the general bishop from Trinidad. He supervised the conference and made recommendations,” he said.According to Daniel, reports were given by the district bishop and the secretary as well.“After that we had elections of officers. We do have elections every two years. The elections that have been held so far is that of the district bishop where I was returned in the position,” he explained.Devotions, report of the youth director men’s ministries and several other reports also formed part of the three day event.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews PAWI head says conference was a success by: – April 24, 2012 Share Share Share Sharing is caring!
EntertainmentLocalNews ‘Rum Punch and Prejudice’ to open tonight by: – May 25, 2012 Share Sharing is caring! Share 34 Views no discussions Share Book cover of “Rum Punch and Prejudice” written by Raglan Riviere. Photo credit: amazon.co.ukThe end of the DOMFESTA 2012 celebrations is approaching with only two more activities on its calendar.Throughout this weekend the New Dimension Theatre will take its “Rum Punch and Prejudice” play, a novel by Raglan Riviere to the Arawak House of Culture.The play novel was adapted for stage by the New Dimension Theater’s artistic Director Steve Hyacinth.The play is centered on a white Dominican who spends most of his life in England because as a child he was exposed to a forbidden relationship between his father and a black maid after the death of his mother. However he could not forgive his father – the white owner of a large estate.While in England, he receives an offer for him to return to Dominica to manage a large estate in place of his dying uncle and what follows is an absorbing, intriguing and gripping story.The play features sixteen talented and experienced Dominican actors and actresses to include Donille Blackmoore, Jerry Coipel, Giselle Hyacinth, Monelle Alexis, Joseph Fadoul, J. Gremier, Norma Payne St. John, Harry Sealey and John Liverpool.The play opens at the Arawak House of Culture on Friday 25th May, with re-runs on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th from 8:00 nightly.Chief Cultural Officer Raymond Lawrence told Dominica Vibes News this can be considered “one of the best DOMFESTA” celebrations. Dominica Vibes News Tweet
Read Also: Ronaldo does not have coronavirus, says Portuguese health chief Fiorentina’s Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic was the fifth player case to be confirmed on Friday. Juventus’ Daniele Rugani is the other instance in the Italian top-flight but the defender posted on Instagram on Wednesday saying he was “fine”. Serie A as well as all sport in Italy has been suspended until April 3 and earlier on Thursday the country, the most affected by the virus in Europe, recorded its highest one-day death toll yet of 250. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Four footballers from Sampdoria and one at Fiorentina have tested positive for coronavirus, the Italian clubs said on Friday. Fiorentina’s Sweden international Albin Ekdal has tested positive for coronavirus Gambia defender Omar Colley, Sweden midfielder Albin Ekdal, Norway playmaker Morten Thorsby and former Italy Under-21 forward Antonio La Gumina as well as team-mate Manolo Gabbiadini are suffering from COVID-19. “The state of their health is good and they are at home in Genoa,” a statement said. Former Southampton striker Gabbiadani’s case was confirmed by the outfit on Thursday for the virus. Club doctor Amedeo Baldari has also tested positive.Advertisement Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art
Boris Becker thinks Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will go into international football before finishing his management career in Germany. Tennis Legend Boris Becker The two German compatriots, who are both 52, are friends, and have more than mutual respect for each other with Klopp recently admitting that Becker was one of his sporting idols. Becker has also shown admiration previously for the Reds boss and says to see a German coach lift the Champions League is “fantastic”. According to Becker, Klopp, who recently penned a new contract until 2024, still has the hunger to win more trophies with the Reds, but when he does finally call time at Anfield he believes the German will return home. “I would like Jurgen to come home to manage Germany one day – and I’m not the only one,” six-time Grand Slam winner Becker told the Daily Mirror. “I think he would be a great coach for our country because he is someone who really gets his ideas across to his players and who makes them buy in to what he’s attempting to do. “Every German football fan is impressed with the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool. “To see a German coach win the Champions League with one of England’s most famous clubs and now get so close to winning the Premier League as well is fantastic. Promoted ContentWorld’s Most Delicious Foods10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth VisitingBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemSuperhero Castings That People Hated But Were Amazing5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe 6 Weirdest Things You Can Learn On WikiHowWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist Read Also:Becker captaining Team Germany at inaugural ATP Cup “Klopp has made one of the world’s biggest clubs great again and I really hope that it’s his destiny to manage Germany. “But maybe that is a long time in the future. Jurgen is still quite young and I think he has the hunger to win many more trophies with Liverpool before going into international football. “Hopefully, when he has achieved all he wants in club football, that will be the time he comes home.” Becker, who famously won Wimbledon at just 17, also says he loves how his fellow compatriot has influenced the Anfield club. “I like very much the way Klopp has stamped his personality on Liverpool. That isn’t easy to do at a big club, but the team has his clear signature. “He did it at Dortmund and now he’s done it at Liverpool – and that’s the sign of a great manager. “I don’t think he has ever been sacked – which is another tribute to his quality,” he added. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Two-time unified heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has informed Tyson Fury that he would be available for him whenever he is ready to fight. “When Tyson Fury is ready, I will not turn down that fight. I’m thinking the wider puncher, and I think like I’m an underdog,” said Joshua. “As you said, I’m not #1 the minute, and I’ve got to put my name back where it belongs. What that’s based on is trust. “When I get back in the ring, they’re going to lose if they bet against me. I’ve got to put trust back into my name, and I was going to do that by demolishing Pulev. I was working towards greatness long before training camp, but this has slowed things down. I’ll be ready mentally when the time comes. “Fury has been a professional for 11 years,” said Joshua. “He needed so much time to develop. He’s finally got to that stage where he’s gotten that straw of confidence. So congratulations. I look at what Tyson Fury has done, and I’m looking, ‘I’ve done what took him ten years in 3 years. “Imagine where I’m going to be in 10 years.’ So I keep moving through it. I had my little issue with Ruiz last year, but I got through it. In another six years from now, when I’m where Tyson Fury is in terms of time, I should be unstoppable. I’m gaining massive knowledge about the boxing industry,” said Joshua.Advertisement Loading… No one expects Joshua to turn down the fight with Fury once it’s offered to him. Fury has better wins on his resume than Joshua, and that’s not going to change until AJ starts facing the top guys. Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn blew it for him when it came to Wilder by talking about flat fees. That fight should have taken place in 2018, but Hearn was looking to play the A-side card. Just 12 months ago, the heavyweight division had three undefeated fighters at the top of their game. Joshua was months away from facing Andy Ruiz Jr – though he thought it would be Jarrell Miller – and Deontay Wilder was reigning supreme as WBC champion after salvaging a draw with Tyson Fury in late 2018. Today, Joshua is still the WBO, IBF, IBO and WBA heavyweight champion, but he had to prize them back from Ruiz Jr after a shock loss last June. read also:Joshua: Fury Will Beat Wilder Again Wilder was destroyed by Tyson Fury in February and lost his WBC title, meaning the Gypsy King is the last top heavyweight standing with an unbeaten record. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldThe Best Cars Of All TimeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?A Lot More People Should See Hanna’s Fantastic Bread Masterpieces9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Extremely Gorgeous Asian Actresses11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural WondersWorld’s Most Delicious Foods
“Wehave lost too much this year, I have hope we can get what we ask for and willbe able to start the program soon,” Thon wrote. Marium, a baby dugong, swims near the hull of a boat off Libong island, Trang province, southern Thailand on May 23. A top marine biologist is urging Thailand’s government to speed up conservation plans for the dugong, an endangered sea mammal, after their death toll for the year has already climbed to a record 21. AP Expertsbelieve only 250 dugongs are left in Thai waters. Dugongsare a species of marine mammal similar to a manatee and can grow to about 3.4meters (11 feet) in length. They are listed as a vulnerable species by the InternationalUnion for Conservation of Nature and are protected under Thai law. (AP) Thon,who has served on a government environment and development committee, says athree-year master plan for dugong conservation is awaiting Cabinet approval. BANGKOK– A top marinebiologist has urged Thailand’s government to speed up conservation plans forthe dugong, an imperiled sea mammal, after their death toll for the year inThai waters has already climbed to a record 21. Theplan is called the “Marium Project” after the name given a rescued ailing babydugong that became celebrated in Thailand after images of veterinariansembracing and feeding her with milk and seagrass spread across social media. Shedied two months ago despite the intensive care, and her demise was believed dueto shock – she was thought to have been chasedand attacked by a larger male dugong during mating season – and ingestingplastic waste. A large amount of plastic waste was found in her intestine,which led to gastritis and blood infection. ThonThamrongnawasawat said on his Facebook page that the carcass of a dugong wasfound Tuesday off the southern province of Krabi. The young female apparentlydrowned after being caught in fishing net, a common threat to the animals.
“The Command is very thankful to the President for choosing a visionary leader who cares for the welfare of his subordinates and is passionate in accomplishing the PCG’s mandates,” PCG Spokesperson Captain Armando Balilo said. Garcia earned his Masters of Science degree in Maritime Safety Administration from the World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmo, Sweden and Masters in Shipping Management from the Philippine Merchant Academy (PMMA). “We are also grateful for the outgoing Commandant, Admiral Elson E Hermogino PCG, for he steered the organization in achieving great feats towards the advancement of the Command. Adm Hermogino has truly served his entire military service with selfless devotion for the benefit of the Filipino nation,” he added./PN The new PCG commandant also got a Doctors degree in Philosophy in Public Administration from Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST) and was also a professor in Maritime Administration and Environmental Economics subjects in the PMMA Graduate School. Vice Admiral Joel Sarsiban Garcia Garcia will assume the position to be left behind by Hermogino on Thursday, Oct. 24. His appointement was cited in a letter signed by President Duterte on Monday but was made public on Tuesday. Garcia commanded capital ships from the navy and the coast guard, held key positions at the headquarters and likewise led four coast guard districts, two functional commands and two major support commands. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has named Vice Admiral Joel Sarsiban Garcia as the new commandant of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), replacing retiring Elson Hermogino. Garcia is the current Executive Director of the National Coast Watch Center (NCWC), under the Office of the President; and the Chairperson of the Regional Cooperation Agreement on Combating Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia (ReCAAP) Governing Council, based in Singapore. He is a graduate of the Philippine Merchant Marine Academy and a licensed master mariner.
The Philippine Coast Guard suspends sea travel in Aklan due to the inclement weather brought by typhoon “Tisoy.” AKEAN FORUM Classes were automatically suspendedin public and private pre-school and kindergarten levels. (With a report from Akean Forum/PN) Typhoon cyclone wind signal No. 1 wasalso raised in Capiz, Guimaras, northern portion of Negros Occidental (BacolodCity), Bago City, Cadiz City, Calatrava, Enrique B. Magalona, Escalante City,La Carlota City, Manapla, Murcia, Pulupandan, Sagay City, Salvador Benedicto,San Carlos City, San Enrique, Silay City, Talisay City, Toboso, Valladolid,Victoria City, Northern and Metro Cebu, Biliran, Leyte, and Southern Leyte asof press time. According to the state weather bureau,Typhoon “Tisoy” is expected to bring light to heavy rains in the provinces ofAklan, Capiz, northern portion of Antique, and the rest of Luzon. PCG has deployed its personnel inCaticlan and Cagban seaports to ensure safety of stranded passengers. RORO vessels from Caticlan to RoxasMindoro; Caticlan to Bulalacao; Oriental Mindoro, Caticlan to Batangas Port andvice versa trips were cancelled. Motorboats plying Caticlan to BoracayIsland, however, were allowed to set sail but from sunrise to sunset only. Allwatersport activities were also suspended. MALAY, Aklan – The Philippine CoastGuard has suspended the trips of roll on, roll off (RORO) ships in thisprovince as Typhoon Tisoy (Kammuri)threatens to batter several parts of the country with its heavy rains andstrong winds.
The SC justices unanimously dismissed DeLima’s petition for the writ of habeas data since President Duterte is immunefrom suit during his term but agreed with the detained senator that there mustbe a remedy for every right violated. Though De Lima, according to the court,claimed her petition does not seek to hold Duterte administratively, civilly,or criminally liable, the SC said it will be “impossible” to enableher cause of action to be established without first determining whether or notlaws had been violated. De Lima also raised Duterte’s statementsthat supposedly “publicized her intimate and personal life… [and] accused herof involvement in the illegal drug trade,” and told her to “hangyourself.” “The decision does not deny her anyavailable remedy,” the SC said. “Indeed, the Constitution provides remedies forviolations committed by the Chief Executive except an ordinary suit before thecourts.” De Lima also cited Duterte’s statement onAugust 11, 2016 that he was “listening” to De Lima “with the help of another country.”Days later, the president would accuse De Lima of leading “a very immoral life”by allegedly having an affair with her married driver. MANILA – The Supreme Court (SC) junkedSen. Leila de Lima’s petition assailing President Rodrigo Duterte’s publicstatements as a threat to her rights to privacy, life, liberty, and securitywas dismissed by the Supreme Court. “The Chief Executive must first beallowed to end his tenure (not his term) either through resignation or removalby impeachment. Being a member of Congress, the petitioner is well aware ofthis and she cannot sincerely claim that she is bereft of any remedy,” itadded. De Lima, in her petition, asked the SCto order the destruction of information that Duterte allegedly had on herprivate life and the disclosure of the foreign country that the president said“helped him listen in on” the senator. The government lawyers, meanwhile,argued that presidential immunity from suit is absolute and extends topetitions for the writs of amparo and habeas data./PN