Share Increasing numbers of Nigerians are attending independent church services, like this one in LagosNigeria’s pastors run multi-million dollar businesses which rival that of oil tycoons, a Nigerian blogger who has researched the issue has told the BBC.Mfonobong Nsehe, who blogs for Forbes business magazine, says pastors own businesses from hotels to fast-food chains.“Preaching is big business. It’s almost as profitable as the oil business,” he said.The joint wealth of five pastors was at least $200m (£121m), he said.Mr Nsehe said the richest of them, Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, was worth about $150m.Bishop Oyedepo owned a publishing company, university, an elite private school, four jets and homes in London and the United States, according to Mr Nsehe.‘Private jets’ The Nigerian blogger said Bishop Oyedepo was followed on the rich list by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Believers’ Loveworld Ministries. He was worth between $30 and $50m.“Oyakhilome’s diversified interests include newspapers, magazines, a local television station, a record label, satellite TV, hotels and extensive real estate,” Mr Nsehe said.He said three of the other richest pastors were:Temitope Joshua Matthew of the Synagogue Church Of All Nations (worth between $10m and $15m);Matthew Ashimolowo of Kingsway International Christian Centre (worth between $6 million and $10 million) andChris Okotie of the Household of God Church (worth between $3 million and $10 million).Mr Nsehe said representatives of all the clergymen, except Pastor Ashimolowo, confirmed ownership of the assets he had listed on his blog.“These pastors are flamboyant. You see them with private jets and expensive cars. This extravagance sends out the wrong message to their followers,” he told the BBC’s Network Africa programme.He said the pastors acquired their wealth from various sources, including their congregations.“We have Nigerians who are desperate, looking for solutions to their problems. They go to church for salvation, redemption and healing and pastors sometimes take advantage of them,” Mr Nsehe said.BBC News Sharing is caring! 30 Views no discussions Share Tweet Share FaithLifestyle Nigeria’s pastors ‘as rich as oil barons’ by: – June 14, 2011
Tweet Share 122 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! LifestyleLocalNewsTravel WINAIR announces summer flight specials by: – July 11, 2014 Share Share Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) has partnered with WINAIR to promote flights between Dominica and Guadeloupe. WINAIR offers round trip flights between the two islands on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Special fares of EC$418 or €110 are being offered for flights between Dominica and Guadeloupe until September 30, 2014.Additional information on the special fares can be obtained from local agents HHV Whitchurch & Company Ltd, or at www.fly-winair.com
Read Also: Ronaldo does not have coronavirus, says Portuguese health chief Fiorentina’s Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic was the fifth player case to be confirmed on Friday. Juventus’ Daniele Rugani is the other instance in the Italian top-flight but the defender posted on Instagram on Wednesday saying he was “fine”. Serie A as well as all sport in Italy has been suspended until April 3 and earlier on Thursday the country, the most affected by the virus in Europe, recorded its highest one-day death toll yet of 250. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Four footballers from Sampdoria and one at Fiorentina have tested positive for coronavirus, the Italian clubs said on Friday. Fiorentina’s Sweden international Albin Ekdal has tested positive for coronavirus Gambia defender Omar Colley, Sweden midfielder Albin Ekdal, Norway playmaker Morten Thorsby and former Italy Under-21 forward Antonio La Gumina as well as team-mate Manolo Gabbiadini are suffering from COVID-19. “The state of their health is good and they are at home in Genoa,” a statement said. Former Southampton striker Gabbiadani’s case was confirmed by the outfit on Thursday for the virus. Club doctor Amedeo Baldari has also tested positive.Advertisement Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art
Boris Becker thinks Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will go into international football before finishing his management career in Germany. Tennis Legend Boris Becker The two German compatriots, who are both 52, are friends, and have more than mutual respect for each other with Klopp recently admitting that Becker was one of his sporting idols. Becker has also shown admiration previously for the Reds boss and says to see a German coach lift the Champions League is “fantastic”. According to Becker, Klopp, who recently penned a new contract until 2024, still has the hunger to win more trophies with the Reds, but when he does finally call time at Anfield he believes the German will return home. “I would like Jurgen to come home to manage Germany one day – and I’m not the only one,” six-time Grand Slam winner Becker told the Daily Mirror. “I think he would be a great coach for our country because he is someone who really gets his ideas across to his players and who makes them buy in to what he’s attempting to do. “Every German football fan is impressed with the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool. “To see a German coach win the Champions League with one of England’s most famous clubs and now get so close to winning the Premier League as well is fantastic. Promoted ContentWorld’s Most Delicious Foods10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth VisitingBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemSuperhero Castings That People Hated But Were Amazing5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe 6 Weirdest Things You Can Learn On WikiHowWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist Read Also:Becker captaining Team Germany at inaugural ATP Cup “Klopp has made one of the world’s biggest clubs great again and I really hope that it’s his destiny to manage Germany. “But maybe that is a long time in the future. Jurgen is still quite young and I think he has the hunger to win many more trophies with Liverpool before going into international football. “Hopefully, when he has achieved all he wants in club football, that will be the time he comes home.” Becker, who famously won Wimbledon at just 17, also says he loves how his fellow compatriot has influenced the Anfield club. “I like very much the way Klopp has stamped his personality on Liverpool. That isn’t easy to do at a big club, but the team has his clear signature. “He did it at Dortmund and now he’s done it at Liverpool – and that’s the sign of a great manager. “I don’t think he has ever been sacked – which is another tribute to his quality,” he added. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Photo: USDAWashington D.C. — The U. S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service has recalled 35,464 pounds of raw ground beef products because they may be contaminated with pieces of hard plastic.The products, including Kroger brands, were shipped to distribution centers in Indiana and Virginia for further distribution to retail locations.The raw ground beef items were produced on March 22, 2018, and have the establishment number “EST. 34176” inside the USDA mark of inspection.FSIS says JBA USA, INC. issued the recall after receiving a complaint from a consumer who found blue, hard plastic pieces in one of the products. But, there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to the consumption of these products.FSIS is concerned that some product may be frozen and in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. A link to the full recall is here.The following products are included in the recall:3-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND BEEF 73% LEAN – 27% FAT” with product code 95051, UPC: 011110975645, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND BEEF 80% LEAN – 20% FAT” with product code 95052, UPC: 011110969729, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.3-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND BEEF 80% LEAN – 20% FAT” with product code 95053, UPC of 011110969705, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “PRIVATE SELECTION ANGUS BEEF 80% LEAN – 20% FAT GROUND CHUCK” with product code 95054, UPC: 011110971395, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND BEEF 85% LEAN – 15% FAT” with product code 95055, UPC: 011110969682, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND SIRLOIN 90% LEAN – 10% FAT GROUND BEEF” and product code 95056, UPC: 011110975638, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “ALL NATURAL LAURA’S LEAN BEEF 92% LEAN 8% FAT GROUND BEEF” with product code 95057, UPC: 612669316714, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “ALL NATURAL LAURA’S LEAN BEEF 96% LEAN 4% FAT GROUND BEEF” with product code 95058, UPC: 612669317063, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “PRIVATE SELECTION ANGUS BEEF 90% LEAN – 10% FAT GROUND SIRLOIN” with product code 95063, UPC: 011110969637 and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.1-lb. tray packages containing “Kroger GROUND BEEF 93% LEAN – 7% FAT” with product code 95064, UPC: 01111096920, and a Sell By date of 4/9/2018.15-lb. cases containing “JBS Ground Beef Angus Chuck 80% Lean 20% Fat Service Case” with Case UPC: 0040404800632 and a “Sell By: 9.APRIL.”15-lb. cases containing “Ground Beef Angus Sirloin 90% Lean 10% Fat Service Case” Case UPC: 0040404800634, and a “Sell By: 9.APRIL.”
Palace, who are three points adrift at the foot of the Premier League with just one win from 11 games, next face Hull, Norwich and West Ham. Although the incoming boss will face a huge task to avoid relegation, Coppell is convinced the club is in a strong position off the field and can blossom in the future. He said: “Keith Millen has done a good job in the last few games. “He has intimated that he doesn’t want the job but he has stabilised the team, against Arsenal and Everton, so the signs are there. “Crystal Palace have four joint-owners and the goal has always been for the club to sustain itself. That should be the goal of any football club. “If they survive this year then I think you always have a better chance in the second year. “I know there is a huge desire at Crystal Palace to get this right and become very solid fixtures at this level.” Coppell, now director of football at League One Crawley, has himself been linked with a return to Selhurst Park in an upstairs role and he would not firmly rule out the possibility. The 58-year-old said: “I have probably spent a quarter of my life working for Crystal Palace so I have got a huge soft spot for them. “People always say never go back, but I have been back four times now. The best thing for me to say is never say never.” Coppell, who managed the club on four occasions, told Press Association Sport: “They need a manager who can cope with Premier League football and also have the energy, if they do go down, to drive the club back up again. “Also, they need the quality and commitment to take on that job. “There are a lot of boxes that need to be ticked and perhaps there isn’t one person who can tick all those boxes. “I think Steve is going through the process at the moment and perhaps thinking sideways about what the future holds and who would be the best man to take the club forward. “It is a complex process but, given the international break, he has used the time well to interview and look at, and talk to, a lot of people. “I’ve got every confidence he will come up with the right combination. “But you don’t want to leave it too long. “The next three games people would look at as being critical. They are all important and winnable games.” Former Crystal Palace manager Steve Coppell believes the club are right to take their time appointing their next manager. Palace have been searching for a new boss since parting company with Ian Holloway on October 23 and co-chairman Steve Parish has admitted the process has taken longer than expected. Ex-Chelsea player Dan Petrescu is thought to be among the front-runners for the position with the Premier League’s bottom side, along with Burnley’s Sean Dyche and former boss Iain Dowie. Press Association
McClaren will have only four senior match-fit defenders to choose from – Daryl Janmaat, Chancel Mbemba, Fabricio Coloccini and Jamaal Lascelles – and not a single specialist left-back at his disposal at Vicarage Road as he looks for priceless back-to-back victories. The loss of Paul Dummett and Jack Colback, the man who filled in at left-back when the former was forced to leave the pitch against the Hammers, to hamstring injuries has compounded a casualty list which already included Massadio Haidara, Kevin Mbabu and Mike Williamson. Press Association McClaren said: “Kevin Mbabu is out, Dummett has a tight hamstring, Colback deputised at left-back – he has a little niggle which we will not take a risk on. We have four fit defenders. “Steven Taylor will be in the squad and probably on the bench. In terms of balance, it is very difficult, but we will find a solution somewhere and players will have to step in and do a job.” Taylor’s inclusion comes after a five-month injury lay-off which has left him desperately short of match fitness, and McClaren will be keeping his fingers crossed that there are no further mishaps against the Hornets. He is likely to have to be creative and faces a choice between playing one of his central defenders out of position, asking a midfielder to slot in at left-back or switching to a three-man defence. Watford have lost their last four league games, but have beaten Newcastle twice already this season, on Tyneside in the league and at home in the FA Cup on January 9, a run McClaren is determined to see come to an end. He said: “They are at home and have beaten us twice, they will be confident. We have a determination to turn that around. Watford are dangerous opponents, but it is about what we do.” The Magpies hoped to have added to their squad before leaving for Hertfordshire, but have so far failed to make tangible progress in their dual pursuits of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend and West Brom striker Saido Berahino, although McClaren was commenting on neither player. He said: “Business is going on behind the scenes. We are quietly and calmly going about our business.” Newcastle boss Steve McClaren will have little choice but to send out a makeshift defence at Watford after being hit by an injury crisis.
A Treasure Coast teacher is learning a tough and embarrassing lesson, after a student turned the tables when the educator least expected.Our news partner, WPTV NewsChannel 5, reports that an unnamed teacher at Sebastian River High School was apparently busted Monday afternoon, after a student noticed him opening pornographic sites and videos after a virtual class session had just ended.A successful day at SRHS! @Bass_SDIRC @IRCSchools @SDIRC_SUP @CristenM_PIO @ pic.twitter.com/1IJDFJElMb— Sebastian River HS (@SRHS_SHARKS) August 24, 2020 The report from the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office goes on to say that the student called the incident “very disturbing” and that he “quickly made a video for evidence.”In addition, the Indian River County released a statement saying that the employee has been reassigned while the investigation takes place, and that the district has a zero tolerance policy for employee misconduct.
INDIA’s cricket chief Sourav Ganguly has come out against playing four-day Tests, proposed by the world governing body as a way to squeeze more cricket into a packed calendar.The International Cricket Council (ICC) has floated the idea of reducing matches in the World Test Championship by one day from 2023, but Ganguly said officials should not “tinker” with what he calls the best form of cricket.Four-day Tests have been tried in one-off games between South Africa and Zimbabwe and England against Ireland, but the Board of Control for Cricket in India is among a growing list of critics.“I am not a big fan of four-day cricket because I feel lot of Test matches will not finish,” Ganguly, who turned 48 on Wednesday, said in an online chat hosted by the BCCI.“When you have four days the approach is different,” he said.“I really feel that there is no need to tinker with those five-day Test matches. And for me Test matches are the toughest and the best form of cricket.”Ganguly, who is rumoured to be in the running for the post of ICC chairman, backs other innovations, however, including day-night Tests.India, who refused to play a Test under floodlights in Australia in 2018, joined the pink ball party against Bangladesh in Kolkata last year.The final Test of a two-match series attracted packed crowds at Eden Gardens despite the Test lasting less than three whole days. India won the series 2-0.“Day-night cricket, one Test a series is important, because cricket needs everyone back,” said the former India captain.“We played that pink Test in Kolkata, I don’t think if it was a normal India-Bangladesh Test match we would have one tenth of the people,” he said, noting that 150,000 people attended over three days played. (AFP)