Flow Caribbean and current Emirates FA Cup holders Manchester United have partnered to bring the trophy to football fans in Jamaica and the Caribbean this month.The trophy will arrive in Jamaica on Thursday following stops in Trinidad and Barbados before its final stop in the Cayman Islands. Flow says it has what it describes as an “exciting three-day schedule” planned for Jamaican sports fans.Manchester United Ambassador Dwight Yorke, who himself lifted the FA Cup in 1999 with United’s treble-winning team, will join Flow as a special guest on the final leg of the tour to make a special announcement about the soon to be launched skills-development initiative for young footballers – another Flow/Manchester United partnership.”This is all for our customers who are lovers of the beautiful game,” said Garfield Sinclair, newly appointed President of Flow Caribbean.”We are the Home of Sports in the Caribbean and our relationship with Manchester United enables us to give our football fans this amazing opportunity to get up close to the FA Cup, which for some, is a once in a lifetime event.”As the FA Cup makes its way around the Caribbean, fans will have the opportunity to take photos and create personal memories of these events.Fans will also get a chance to participate in activities and win prizes from Flow and Manchester United.
Following President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s meeting behind closed doors with members of the National Legislature yesterday, Maryland County Representative Dr. Bhofal Chambers termed the visit as “unprepared” and a “Legislative and Executive session that ignores the relevance of plenary.” “The President was not prepared to address the issues at stake,” said Rep. Chambers, who also sat in the meeting. “The concerns of the Legislature centered on the expenditure of money allotted to the Ebola fight and we’re saying that such meeting must be decided by plenary, the highest decision making body of the Legislature.”According to Dr. Chambers, the agenda of the meeting was decided by the Executive and not plenary of both Houses, something he said sharply contradicts legislative proceedings.According to legislative procedure, the President can meet with the Speaker of the House of Representatives & Senate Pro Tempore – as a representation of the Plenary, specifically to discuss the need for a State of Emergency. Other than that, the President is required to address the plenary in full. According to Rep. Chambers, the House Leadership ignored plenary.According to reports, all legislators were invited to the meeting ever since Friday, September 26, but the session was sparsely attended due to the absence of some legislators who were said to be out of town. House Speaker J. Alex Tyler believes, however, the President’s meeting with the legislators was mutual. In a post-visit interview, the Speaker confirmed that the President’s visit was a “Legislative Executive session.” He maintained that this came as a result of inquiries from individual members of the Legislature relative to specific issues in the country, but declined to state whether the issues at stake were addressed.“The President and Legislature discussed issues of national concerns that are cardinal to our survival,” Speaker Tyler said.According to Presidential Press Secretary Jerolinmek Piah, the discussion centered “on the current Ebola outbreak now ravaging the country.”However, another member of the Legislature who attended the meeting described it as “an executive agenda imposed on the Legislature.”According to Piah, “the Liberian leader briefed lawmakers on the overall situation about the Ebola virus disease in the country; a new national strategy presented by the National Task Force on Ebola which had been discussed and endorsed at the weekend; the organizational structure to implement the strategy; partnership support in the fight; resources for the fight; the construction of more facilities to enhance the fight and prevent the further spread of the Ebola virus disease; as well as government’s economic recovery plan during and after the outbreak.“The President personally lauded the efforts of Montserrado County District No. 13 Representative Saah Joseph who she described as a ‘hero’ in the fight against the Ebola virus disease and asked members of the National Legislature to join her in thanking the lawmaker for his service to humanity.”President Sirleaf’s visit to the Legislature, Piah continued, “was meant to promote information sharing within government, strengthen coordination and collaboration, enhance transparency in the Ebola fight and bring the leadership up to speed as the government exerts all efforts to eradicate the deadly Ebola virus disease from the country.”President Johnson Sirleaf was accompanied to the meeting by Finance and Development Planning Minister-designate Amara Konneh, Information Minister Lewis Brown, Youth and Sports Minister Eugene Nagbe and Presidential Press Secretary Jerolinmek Piah, among others.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Karel Doorman, a vessel of the Royal Dutch Navy, is expected to make its second docking in the Port of Monrovia on Friday, January 2, 2015, bringing urgently needed medical and relief supplies offered by the European Union (EU) Member states of Belgium, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and some international organizations—the World Food Program (WFP) and UNICEF). These have been made possible through the European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO), in response to the Ebola outbreak.The Ebola relief supply is intended for local NGOs and major aid actors formally involved in the Ebola response.The items consists of medical equipment, 4X4 vehicles, ambulances, personal protective equipment and masks, mobile hospital supplies, food, hospital beds, etc.Mr. Christos Stylianides, EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, stated: “From the beginning of this crisis, it has been clear that the response to the Ebola epidemic requires not only funding for the NGOs and UN organizations working on the ground, but also equipment and personnel. A large number of EU Member States have now provided equipment in large volumes, much of it facilitated by the EU Civil Protection Mechanism.”Mr. Stylianides said the use of a Dutch naval vessel, the Karel Doorman, to deliver assistance from nine Member States has been particularly impressive.The donated items include ambulances, trucks, mobile hospitals and protective equipment. They constitute a joint European effort with the support of our Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC),BackgroundOn its first mission to the three worst-hit countries in West Africa by Ebola, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, the Dutch Vessel, Karel Doorman, docked in the Freeport of Monrovia on November 24, 2014, with essential humanitarian supplies after a journey of over two weeks, with stops in the ports of Freetown and Conakry.The supplies brought to Liberia, valued at €3.6 million included 23 containers of assorted medical supplies and drugs, 21 ambulances and other vehicles and one self-contained mobile laboratory. The materials were donated to the Government and people of Liberia through various humanitarian agencies to bolster the Ebola fight as part of a coordinated European response under the European Response Coordination Mechanism.Key donors of the first supplies included the Government of the Kingdom of Netherlands and other countries of the European Union (Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Romania, and the United Kingdom).Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The manager of Liberia’s Knockout and Second Division Champions – FC Fassell, Coach Matthew Jolutweh has threatened not to serve as deputy coach to any white coach who has achieved lesser laurels than him.Coach Jolutweh has guided the gold-and-black outfit since its establishment in 2009 as a third division team, which is now a first division outfit for winning the championship of the 2nd division league. FC Fassell, under Coach Jolutweh also won the 2013/2014 LFA CUP amongst over 25 clubs, including the likes of IE, Barrolle, LISCR, BYC, LPRC Oilers, NPA Pythons, Liberia’s Black Star, among others.Coach Jaluteh, in an uncompromising and poignant tone vowed not to allow his achievements to be dragged in the mud and would resign upon the employment of what he termed as an ‘underrated and so-called white coach.’The angry FC Fassell’s head coach made the remarks on Friday, March 20, at the end of the Super Cup derby to which his side narrowly suffered a 1-2 defeat.Coach Jolutweh’s comments stemmed from an interview the Chief Executive Officer of FC Fassell, Cassell A. Kuoh, who is also Vice President for Operations at the LFA said five top European coaches are expected from Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Norway in the country for interviews and subsequently the most qualified will be employed to take over the team.Meanwhile, some coaches, who begged not to be named, said the employment of a foreign coach to take over FC Fassell would mute the policy of the Executive Committee members of the LFA, of which Mr. Kuoh is the 2nd Vice President over the employment of foreign coaches.They argued that hiring former Lone Star players as coaches to manage the national teams should be emulated by Liberian clubs to either maintain or employ Liberian coaches.The coaches further argued that it would be a disservice to downplay the unprecedented six-year effort of Coach Jolutweh in which he should now enjoy to manage the team to play against Liberia’s top clubs.Also, some players of FC Fassell, who also begged for anonymity, said Coach Jolutweh is known for meticulous preparation before games and should be given the chance to manage the team in the top league.The players also hailed Coach Jolutweh for his discipline, amicable relationship and his managerial stubbornness over the years.The players indicated that they would not dare to question his methods, but if they raise a particular good point he is always willing to listen to them.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Several local runners competed in the Unchaga Run in the Peace Road Race on April 26th. The race took place near Grimshaw along the Peace River. Here are the results from Fort St. John runners. 10KM distance, Rebecca Newsham 20-29Female 8th in age group, with 1:22:02 20KM distance: Barb Polehoykie 40-49 Female, 2nd in age group with 1:50:57 Melissa Bryant 30-39 Female, 2nd in age group with 1:52:12 Owen Giebelhaus 50 plus Male, 3rd in age group with 1:58:39 Gord Harris 50 plus Male, 1st in age group and tied for 1st overall with 1:31:40 The 20km road race included a hill roughly equivalent to running from Taylor to the top of the north Taylor Hill and back down again! – Advertisement –
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Tickets are now on sale to see George Canyon in Fort St. John. Fans get ready for an unprecedented experience as Canadian Country Star George Canyon announces the “Jekyll and Nothing to Hide Tour.” George Canyon will be at the Lido Theatre on Tuesday February 16. The Fort St. John show will be presented by Cap-it/Trimtek. Get your tickets now at Moose FM, or by calling 250-787-7100 or below.The show will feature fresh new material from George’s upcoming album, “I Got This” along with his standard country-rock favourites, and even some acoustic versions of some of his biggest hit songs. Emotional. Powerful, and packed with energy make sure you get your tickets and VIP upgrades to the “Jekyll and Nothing to Hide Tour”.- Advertisement -VIP tickets can be purchased at www.georgecanyon.com/shop. Your VIP experience includes a ticket to the concert, a “I Got This” CD, a 8 x 10 of George, Pre-Show Meet & Greet and Photo with George and Pre-Show Exclusive Acoustic Performance by George.
0Shares0000Chelsea’s head coach Antonio Conte (R), pictured with Manchester United manager Jose Morinho in 2016, wants to move past his dispute with his rival © AFP/File / GLYN KIRKLONDON, United Kingdom, Jan 9 – Antonio Conte says he will “not forget” Jose Mourinho’s personal slight about match-fixing, but the Chelsea manager added Tuesday he wants to call a halt to the increasingly bitter dispute with his Manchester United counterpart.The 48-year-old Italian — who served a four-month ban in Italy in 2012 in relation to a match-fixing scandal but has always denied wrongdoing relating to his time as coach of Siena — said he did not want the League Managers’ Association (LMA) to intervene. “He said serious words, he has used serious words. And I won’t forget this,” he said ahead of his side’s League Cup semi-final first leg with Arsenal on Wednesday.“I think it’s not important, the association, you understand. It’s not important.“This is not a problem for the club, it’s a problem between me and him. Now I stop. Stop.”Conte — who was acquitted of sporting fraud charges in 2016 over accusations he failed to report episodes of match-fixing while in charge at Serie B side Siena in 2011 — said he had no regrets about his response to Mourinho’s attack.The former Juventus and Italy coach labelled Mourinho ‘a little man’ over his remarks on match-fixing, and prior to that suggested the Portuguese was suffering from senile dementia for forgetting how he used to celebrate wildly on the touchline.Mourinho had provoked the latter riposte by saying he no longer ‘acts like a clown’ on the touchline which was seen as a barb at both Conte and Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.“Do I have the look of a person with regret? I don’t think so,” said Conte.“I think we both said things, and we’ll see what happens in future.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
1 Yoann Gourcuff Yoann Gourcuff has snubbed interest from Everton and Watford to sign for Rennes.The midfielder was a free agent this summer and had been tracked by the Premier League pair.But, after leaving Lyon at the end of June, the 29-year-old has elected to stay in France, and Rennes president Rene Ruello has confirmed he will be joining them.“Yoann will be a Rennes player this season — for one year,” Ruello said.“At the moment he’s recovering from stress fractures, which are genuine and are in a bad place because they’re underneath the arch of his foot.“That will take a bit of time but he’s on the right track and is getting better and better. As soon as that problem is sorted out, he’ll be on the pitch with us to train and to play.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2The tribute featured flyovers by the World War II-vintage “Condor Squadron” and an F-16 from Edwards Air Force Base, patriotic songs and rifle salutes. A corner of the park became a makeshift memorial of wreaths and crosses, where the local Vietnam Veterans of America chapter offered a helmet that saw action in Fallujah, Iraq, in November 2004. On the weathered helmet are the names of 13 Marines from Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment based at Camp Lejeune, N.C., who died in the fighting. “We go when we’re needed,” said Ernie Ricardo, 61, of Lancaster, who served 19 months in Vietnam as a military adviser. “It’s not whether we agree or disagree with the politics. “It’s like this helmet. These guys died because they believe in something. They’re all different. But they had to do it. What they have in common is their sense of responsibility.” NEWHALL – It’s been more than a half-century since Tony Marincola saw action, but this World War II veteran – decked out in his 17th Airborne uniform – can still turn ladies’ heads. “I just wanted you to know, you look good in that uniform,” a woman in a Stars and Stripes sweat shirt told the 89-year-old from Canyon Country on Monday at the 2006 Memorial Day Tribute. Marincola, who served in Europe between 1943-45, said he wouldn’t miss the solemn pageant of fluttering colors and noble brass notes at the Eternal Valley Memorial Park and Mortuary – a chance to honor those who fought on behalf of America. “I remember all my buddies that were killed and left behind there in the Battle of the Bulge,” he said. “We were real close.” Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon reflected on the day’s meaning. “We are privileged to live in one of the loveliest countries,” McKeon, R-Santa Clarita, said. “The (United) States is lovely because of what we see here today … the American people. A people that live and sometimes die for something greater than themselves.” McKeon, who is running for an eight term in the 25th Congressional District, also took time to rally a home front that appeared increasingly divided by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. “We are at war with a fearsome enemy … our enemy will show us no quarter,” he said. “Bit by bit, we will face down the enemy.” Yet it was Dennis Weber of the Disabled American Veterans who struck deep. He described war as a “grim reality” that’s “bloody, brutal and painful,” and urged the audience to tend to returning veterans rather than “pay lip service.” “Some of our leaders don’t want us to face the cost of war,” Weber said. “Long after Iraq and Afghanistan are written in history books, the wheelchairs will still be rolling.” Ron Zepke, 51, of Northridge served in the Navy during the Vietnam War knew first hand what Weber meant. “Sometimes you don’t realize how things can bother you for so many years,” he said. “Your emotions boil over, and it stays with you forever.” Asked why he served three years in the Air Force in the mid-1950s, Bob Fenter, 68, of Newhall answered: “We are our brothers’ keeper.” “Taps” signaled the ceremony’s end. The first notes from the buglers started on different tracks. The sounds clashed and overlapped, until they joined as one in a soulful, final harmony. email@example.com (661)257-5253160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
There is a ‘very real possibility’ of Gareth Bale leaving Real Madrid for Manchester United this summer.That is the claim from Spanish football expert Graham Hunter, who spoke to talkSPORT’s Hawksbee and Jacobs show on Tuesday.United boss Jose Mourinho is looking to boost his attacking options this summer and is widely reported to have made Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann his top target.But Hunter believes it could be another of LaLiga’s superstar talents – Bale – who heads to Old Trafford in a big-money deal.“I think Gareth Bale is mulling things over at the moment,” he said.“Before you look at Griezmann and Manchester United there is a very real opportunity [with Bale]. If Gareth Bale decides to press the button and say to Real Madrid ‘I would like to go home again’ there is a very real possibility of that happening.“Griezmann is a much trickier subject because the transfer ban Atletico Madrid are suffering at the moment means they can’t buy a replacement and they are moving to a new stadium. It is vital to keep Griezmann. “There is a possibility that Bale says ‘I am going to cash my chips in, it has been brilliant here, win in Cardiff [the Champions League final] and maybe Manchester United this summer.’ Maybe.”United are also being heavily linked with another Real Madrid star, with reports in Spain suggesting they are close to signing James Rodriguez.And Hunter expects a deal for the Colombian playmaker to go through.“Real Madrid want to sell, his price is gettable by Manchester United and they want a world star,” said Hunter.“It fits for Manchester United and I think it is going to happen.“It makes total sense to me. He is definitely going [to leave Real Madrid].”