Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Last week, Spain’s Supreme Court ruled there was a “working relationship” between riders and Barcelona-based food delivery app Glovo.”We are going to clarify the nature of the so-called ‘riders’. There is no doubt that a person who makes deliveries by bicycle is not an entrepreneur but a simple worker,” Labor Minister Yolanda Diaz told a press conference when asked about the Supreme Court ruling.The government will develop the new regulations in consultation with online delivery firms, she said.Online food platforms have bloomed worldwide, allowing people to order from local restaurants via mobile phones, with dishes delivered rapidly to their homes or offices, often by young bicycle couriers.The issue of whether those working in this so-called gig economy should be classified as self-employed, with few rights, has become contentious around the world.Topics : Confusion over the couriers’ status has arisen as some court rulings have gone in their favor and others in favor of the delivery firms. Spain’s left-wing government said Tuesday it plans to “clarify” the legal status of couriers working for online delivery firms like Deliveroo, saying they should be considered employees rather than gig workers.In recent years some workers hired to deliver goods via apps like Deliveroo and Glovo have taken to the courts to demand recognition as salaried staff, which would grant them benefits such as paid holidays and sick leave.But the delivery firms argue that they act merely as an intermediary between businesses and the riders, who are self-employed and have to pay their own contributions into health and pensions systems.
The cost would be about $9 million to test about 45,000 motorists per year – New Zealand spends about $40 million per year on its drink driving enforcement.READ MORE: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/new-zealands-hidden-killer-roads-aa-calls-urgent-roadside-drug-testingKeep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox. Roadside saliva testing showed recent use, rather than long term use such as the results produced by a urine test. The effects of drugs on drivers varied with the drug, Mr Thomsen said, with cannabis making people more inattentive and tired, while P often made drivers more aggressive and reckless. “You’ve got a small device that you put into your mouth that you lick a couple of times,” he said. “You give that back to the police officer and it takes a couple of minutes for the results to come through.” New Zealand’s ‘hidden killer’ on the roads – AA calls for urgent roadside drug testingTVNZ One News 20 April 2018Family First Comment: More reasons for opposing the Drug Foundation’s ‘soft’ touch on drug use www.saynopetodope.nzThe AA is calling for urgent funding for police to randomly test drivers at the roadside for drug intoxication, calling it New Zealand’s “hidden killer”.Dylan Thomsen of the AA, speaking this morning to TVNZ 1’s Breakfast, said driving under the influence of drugs is very common in New Zealand, with cannabis the most prevalent drug.P or methamphetamine intoxication was also being seen on New Zealand roads, he said.
Tweet 104 Views no discussions This file photo taken on February 06, 2013 shows a patient undergoing a scan, at the Oscar Lambret Center in Lille, northern France, a regional medical unit specialised in cancer’s treatment. (Photo: AFP)PARIS, France (AFP) — Cancer will kill 5.5 million women — about the population of Denmark — per year by 2030, a near 60-per cent increase in less than two decades, a report said Tuesday.As the global population grows and ages, the highest toll will be among women in poor and middle-income countries, it said, and much of it from cancers which are largely preventable.“Most of the deaths occur in young- and middle-aged adults,”, placing a heavy burden on families and national economies, said Sally Cowal, senior vice president of global health at the American Cancer Society, which compiled the report with pharmaceutical company Merck.The review “highlights the large geographic inequality in availability of resources and preventive measures and treatment to combat the growing burden of cancer,” she told AFP.Cancer is already killing one in seven women around the world, said the report — the second highest cause of death after cardiovascular disease. All four of the deadliest cancers — breast, colorectal, lung and cervical cancer — are mostly preventable or can be detected early, when treatment is more successful.In poorer countries, a much smaller proportion of cancer cases are diagnosed and treated than in rich ones, while a much bigger group dies.The relative burden is growing for developing countries as people live longer due to better basic healthcare.Women in these countries are also increasingly exposed to known cancer risk factors “associated with rapid economic transition,” said Cowal, “such as physical inactivity, unhealthy diet, obesity, and reproductive factors” such as postponing motherhood.“Due to these changes, cancers that were once common only in high-income countries are becoming more prevalent,” said the report entitled “The Global Burden of Cancer in Women.”It was presented Tuesday at the World Cancer Congress in Paris.According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, there were 6.7 million new cancer cases and 3.5 million deaths among women worldwide in 2012.Of these, 56 per cent of cases and 64 per cent of deaths were in less developed countries.“These numbers are expected to increase to 9.9 million cases and 5.5 million deaths among females annually by 2030 as a result of the growth and ageing of the population,” said the new report.– Regional differences –The biggest concentration is in eastern Asia, with 1.7 million cases and a million deaths in 2012, mainly in China.The report said the highest ratio of cancer cases per population group are still reported in high-income countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia, but this was partly due to better access to screening and detection.Deaths, however, were proportionally much higher in low- and middle-income countries with reduced access to diagnosis and treatment. The countries with the highest death rate were Zimbabwe, Malawi, Kenya, Mongolia and Papua New Guinea.Breast and lung cancer are the two most common types in both rich and poor nations, with colorectal cancer the number three killer in developed countries, and cervical cancer in less developed ones.Cervical cancer can be staved off by vaccination against the cancer-causing Human papillomavirus (HPV), and can be easily detected through regular Papanicolaou (pap) test screens.“Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women in 140 countries worldwide and cervical cancer is the most common in 39 countries, all of which are LMICs (low- and medium-income countries),” said the report.It said the global economic burden of cancer for both genders was about US$286 billion in 2009, including costs for treatment and care, and loss of workforce productivity. Share Sharing is caring! HealthInternationalLifestylePrint Cancer to kill 5.5m women a year by 2030: report by: Associated Free Press – November 1, 2016 Share Share
Two-time unified heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has informed Tyson Fury that he would be available for him whenever he is ready to fight. “When Tyson Fury is ready, I will not turn down that fight. I’m thinking the wider puncher, and I think like I’m an underdog,” said Joshua. “As you said, I’m not #1 the minute, and I’ve got to put my name back where it belongs. What that’s based on is trust. “When I get back in the ring, they’re going to lose if they bet against me. I’ve got to put trust back into my name, and I was going to do that by demolishing Pulev. I was working towards greatness long before training camp, but this has slowed things down. I’ll be ready mentally when the time comes. “Fury has been a professional for 11 years,” said Joshua. “He needed so much time to develop. He’s finally got to that stage where he’s gotten that straw of confidence. So congratulations. I look at what Tyson Fury has done, and I’m looking, ‘I’ve done what took him ten years in 3 years. “Imagine where I’m going to be in 10 years.’ So I keep moving through it. I had my little issue with Ruiz last year, but I got through it. In another six years from now, when I’m where Tyson Fury is in terms of time, I should be unstoppable. I’m gaining massive knowledge about the boxing industry,” said Joshua.Advertisement Loading… No one expects Joshua to turn down the fight with Fury once it’s offered to him. Fury has better wins on his resume than Joshua, and that’s not going to change until AJ starts facing the top guys. Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn blew it for him when it came to Wilder by talking about flat fees. That fight should have taken place in 2018, but Hearn was looking to play the A-side card. Just 12 months ago, the heavyweight division had three undefeated fighters at the top of their game. Joshua was months away from facing Andy Ruiz Jr – though he thought it would be Jarrell Miller – and Deontay Wilder was reigning supreme as WBC champion after salvaging a draw with Tyson Fury in late 2018. Today, Joshua is still the WBO, IBF, IBO and WBA heavyweight champion, but he had to prize them back from Ruiz Jr after a shock loss last June. read also:Joshua: Fury Will Beat Wilder Again Wilder was destroyed by Tyson Fury in February and lost his WBC title, meaning the Gypsy King is the last top heavyweight standing with an unbeaten record. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldThe Best Cars Of All TimeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?A Lot More People Should See Hanna’s Fantastic Bread Masterpieces9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Extremely Gorgeous Asian Actresses11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural WondersWorld’s Most Delicious Foods
Promoted ContentInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One RoleContemplate Life At These 10 Stargazing Locations8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 TV Shows That Got Better After A Major Character Had LeftTV Characters Who Hated Each Other But Later Became FriendsThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?11 Greatest Special Effects Movies Of All Time France Football says the former Metz striker will not consider any other offers to quit the Reds – apart from Zinedine Zidane’s Real. Zidane is a huge fan of Mane and will push to bring him to Madrid this summer – though Liverpool are under no pressure to sell.Advertisement Loading… Sadio Mane will only leave Liverpool for Real Madrid, it has been revealed. Contracted to Liverpool until 2023, it’s claimed it will take €150m for Real to land Mane before the start of next season. read also:Ighalo must accept enormous pay-cut for Man Utd permanent move For his part, Mane is unlikely to agitate for a move away, though has made it clear via intermediaries that he’d welcome a move to Real. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) announced today that 170 Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19. That brings the total number to 645 of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total. Seventeen Hoosiers have died.A total of 4,651 tests have been reported to ISDH to date, up from 3,356 on Wednesday.Marion County had the most new cases, at 67, while Hamilton, Johnson and Lake counties each had 12. The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov.
New Delhi: Former India midfielder Renedy Singh believes skipper Sunil Chhetri will be the key to India’s Asian Cup football tournament campaign as he sets the best example in the current team.“There are many players who have been doing well recently. But for me, Sunil sets the best example. He has done so well consistently over the past few years. He may not be growing younger, but most significantly, he’s not just there to support. He is there to lead by example,” Renedy was quoted as saying by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) website.Renedy, best remembered for his accurate crosses from the flanks and his dead ball exploits, also said that ace Sunil is at the stage of his career where he can take up that mantle.“It’s good to see that Sunil has improved as a dead-ball player. Back in our days, he never used to take free kicks — it was either me or Steven Dias,” he recollected. “But then one fine day, he walked up to me and said, Renedy-bhai, you can’t take both free kicks and penalties. I want to chip in too,” Renedy smiled.“So we decided that Sunil will take penalties, and we would continue taking the free kicks. But he didn’t stay content with the penalties. Rather, he improved himself as a free kick taker. In fact, he has scored from many free kicks since then,” Renedy stated.“Just outside the box, Sunil has been deadly. A bit further down, I think (Anirudh) Thapa and Narayan Das are pretty good with the dead ball too,” said Renedy who was part of India’s AFC Asian Cup Doha 2011 campaign.“You have the others around Sunil to support him – the likes of Gurpreet, Sandesh and Jeje are the senior players who should lead by example. Then the younger lot will also follow,” opined Renedy.Renedy feels India’s first match against Thailand will set the tone.“We have to go all-out against Thailand in the first match. Do not think about UAE, do not think about Bahrain. Just go after the result in the first game,” Renedy advised.“Only after the match we can decide on the next course of action. If they can get a result against China, we should be able to do the same against Thailand,” he said. “The Asian Cup is a huge platform and there’s always something to learn from these matches. Play your heart out because such opportunities don’t come each and every day,” he signed off. IANS Also read: All eyes on Sunil Chhetri as Bengaluru face Delhi
New Delhi: Yuvraj Singh on Monday brought down curtains on his career by announcing retirement from the international cricket. Singh, the hero of India’s 2011 World Cup triumph, made the announcement during a press conference in Mumbai.”After 25 years in and around the 22 yards and almost 17 years of international cricket on and off, I have decided to move on. This game taught me how to fight, how to fall, to dust off, to get up again and move forward,” the cricketer said while announcing his retirement.Yuvraj played 304 ODIs for India and scored 8,701 runs at an average of 36.55. In the 58 T20I matches he played for the country, Yuvraj Singh scored 1,177 runs at an average of 28.02. The left-handed middle order batsman, known for his big-hitting ability, achieved the rare feat of hitting six sixes in an over off England’s Stuart Broad and went on to smash the fastest T20I fifty off just 12 balls. In the longer format of the game, Yuvraj scored 1,900 runs in as many as 40 Tests.Yuvraj started his career from the Punjab Under-16s at the age of 13 years. He made his first-class debut in late-1997 against Orissa during the 1997–98 Ranji Trophy. Following impressive outings for the Under-19 team, Yuvraj was selected in the Indian national team for the 2000 ICC KnockOut Trophy. He made his debut against Kenya in the pre-quarterfinal but didn’t get to bat.However, he got to bat in the quarterfinal match against Australia. In the match he scored match-winning 84 off just 80 balls against the likes of Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee and Jason Gillespie. Yuvraj was adjudged man of the match for his blazing innings. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.