The 28-year old has worked his way back into Stephen Kearney’s side, having missed selection for the first two rounds of the 2017 NRL competition.However, Gavet is now a regular for the Warriors, but hasn’t forgotten about the bad times as he enjoys the good.”Those memories will never, ever, leave me or any of the people that were there,” Gavet told 1 NEWS.His battle with alcohol and depression saw him provided with professional help by his club, with the blockbusting prop coming through the other side.Gavet also looking up to teammate Kieran Foran, who’s overcome his own demons to play a starring role in his short Warriors career.”He’s just always there to encourage you. You don’t want to let him down.”Gavet’s improved performances of late come at a good time, with the Warriors front rower off contract come the end of 2017, meaning rival clubs will be taking note of his 2017 displays.”I’d love to stay, but that’s out of my hands.”However if his recent form is anything to go on, Gavet won’t have to look too far for a club should the need arise.
RB Leipzig won at home yesterday at Tottenham (0-1) in the first leg of the round of 16 of the Champions League, but the meeting left a curious anecdote that concerns the German team. And is that during the first part of the game there were three players who jumped into the field with a different shirt than their teammates. Nkunku, Klostermann and Werner played throughout the first part with the advertising of the blank shirt, when the rest of the headlines wore the Red Bull logo with the bulls in red and the background circle in yellow. Manu, did you notice the different kits that two Leipzig players were wearing (white outlined Red Bull sponsor logo) compared to the remainder (fully colored in Red Bull sponsor logo). pic.twitter.com/JF7wZhR1JD– Mike (@VictoriaGooner) February 19, 2020Apparently, this was because not all the boxes of the kits were on the bus. Some stayed at the hotel and when opened they were mixed and missing the shirts of the three players mentioned, as the coach said, Julian Nagelsmann, at a press conference.An error that was amended in the second part, in which Nkunku and Werner could be seen with the correct kit resumed in the second half (Apparently they returned to the hotel for the missing boxes). In any case, the regulation does not provide that this practice is prohibited or punishable, So RB Leipzig did nothing wrong. Champions League* Data updated as of February 20, 2020
Western Bureau: Anglers will this evening hang up their fishing rods after three days at sea as the curtain will come down on the 54th staging of the Montego Bay International Marlin Tournament on at the Montego Bay Yacht Club. The popular tournament, which is being contested by a record 41 vessels, started on Wednesday and from all indications, events should reach fever pitch today as the anglers compete for the top places. When The Gleaner visited the docks yesterday, the tournament was in full swing and according to tournament director, Robert ‘Bobby’ Stewart, while the second day was a “tad dawdling” when compared to the opening day, he is confident that today will chock-full of excitement. “Today (Thursday) is a bit slower yes, but tomorrow (Friday) I believe we will step up again like on the first day with higher catch rates,” said Stewart. Today will also feature the awards and prize giving ceremony, which will be addressed by Montego Bay Mayor, councillor Glendon Harris. A fireworks display will follow. On Wednesday’s opening day, the tournament yielded a record catch of 17 Blue Marlins, which had Stewart quite elated. “Not only was it a record turnout of boats but 17 Marlins on the first day is a record for us,” said Stewart. “Once caught, they were released under the competition’s current rules enacted two years ago.” “There was lots of excitement on the water and on the docks afterwards, everybody celebrated,” said Stewart. Last year, a record breaking 27 boats competed, where on average 10 Blue Marlins were caught per day. This exceeded the catch rate of other notable tournaments in the region.
8:40 p.m. Arnett Gardens vs Rivoli United at the Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex Yesterday’s Results Humble Lion FC maintained fourth spot in the Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) when they edged Tivoli Gardens 2-1 at the Edward Seaga Sports Complex yesterday. Ricardo Campbell scored in the 45th minute and Levaughn ‘Country’ Williams (90th) for the winners, while Rodico Wellington netted a penalty in the 56th minute for the losers. Humble Lion pressured Tivoli from early and went in front on the stroke of half-time when Campbell moved from defence and scored from a corner kick. In the second half, Tivoli looked better and earned a penalty which was well taken by Wellington, which beat Humble Lion goalkeeper Kadeem Davis for the equaliser. However, Humble Lion, after going close to scoring on several occasions, then found the winning goal in the last-minute when Williams slotted past Davin Watkins in goal for the home side. With the victory, Humble Lion advanced to 39 points, two ahead of UWI FC, in the race for a top four finish. Montego Bay United lead the 12-team league on 54 points, ahead of defending champions Arnett Gardens (49) and Portmore (47). Coach of Humble Lion, Vassell Reynolds, was pleased with the result and performance of his team. “It was a very good fight from the team, a lot of energy from the players,” Reynolds told The Gleaner in a post-match interview. “We wanted to be on the front foot and did that. We fought and got the winning goal in the last minute. We have been doing well in the last couple of games, and still fighting for a top four finish,” he also said. Reynolds praised Williams for coming back from injuries and scoring in the last two games. “Levaughn Williams has been working hard and has scored in the last two games after coming back from several injuries,” he disclosed. Meanwhile, Tivoli’s manager, Brian Rose, said his team lacked fighting spirit. “We got complacent after winning back-to-back games and now we’ve lost two straight. We need to get back to winning ways,” Rose said. Today’s game Portmore United 1 Harbour View 1 UWI FC 5 Boys’ Town 1 Tivoli Gardens 1 Humble Lion 2 Cavalier SC 2 Waterhouse 2
Lusignan Golf Club (LGC) continued its churning out of tournaments each week with ANSA McAL via its Heineken Beer brand coming on board as sponsors of this Saturday’s Invitational Open.LGC President Aleem Hussain and ANSA McAL PRO Darshanie Yusuf during the handing over of the sponsorship cheque on Thursday (Clifton Ross photo)The simple ceremony was held at ANSA McAL’s head office, Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara (ECD) on Thursday afternoon, when LGC President Aleem Hussain and the company’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), Darshanie Yusuf officially launched the tournament.Hussain said it was great to have the continued support of the beverage giant, sponsors of golf for the past five years, as it continuously sought to boost golf in Guyana. He noted that the company has, over the years, played an integral role, which has made golf as critical to sports today as it has ever been over the years.Hussain said that the recent string of sponsors has been playing a key role in golf’s upward movement since 2018 began. He said that apart from Saturday’s event, the company was set to help play a key role in the development of young golfers.Yusuf, on behalf of the sponsor, pointed out that the progression of the LGC as well as its newly-refurbished greens which have been allowing play right through the rainy season were added reasons for them staying on board with the sport.She noted that the relationship between the two entities has been amazing over the past few years and they were optimistic that this weekend’s event would be another mega success for fans and players.Fans, meanwhile, will be eligible for prizes while golfers will be vying for various spoils, including best gross, and nearest to the pin among others, with tee-off time set for 12:30h.
Fianna Fáil Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill has condemned the Government’s covert attempts to force the closure of small schools in communities across Co Donegal and in Gaeltacht schools in particular.Fianna Fáil will tonight move a Dáil motion exposing and objecting to the sweeping cuts and threatened amalgamations that will result in many communities losing their local school.Senator Ó Domhnaill said: “Minister Quinn’s attack on small schools is entirely in keeping with the Government’s agenda of targeting the most vulnerable communities for the bulk of cutbacks in Budget 2012. Despite claims to the contrary, the Minister has chosen to single out disadvantaged schools, smaller schools, minority faith schools, gaelscoileanna and Gaeltacht schools for the most severe cuts this year. “This is deeply unfair and will have profound social and economic consequences for smaller communities and gaeltacht communities in particular.“The Minister is targeting schools with less than 5 teachers, which comprises 47% of the 3,200 primary schools in the State.“However you look at it, it means that the children in almost half of our primary schools are facing a significant increase in class sizes from next year. It is a blunt instrument that forces cuts based on numbers alone, without any consideration of a school’s ethos, the geography of an area or the impact on the community of removing such a key amenity.”And the Senator claimed: “There is no doubt that Ruairí Quinn’s plan will result in the decimation of gaelscoileanna, Church of Ireland schools and minority faith schools. Co Donegal will be particularly badly hit, with a higher proportion of schools facing severe cuts. Gaeltacht schools are facing the most severe cuts, as 70% of them currently have 4 teachers or less. In order to qualify for 4 teachers under the present system, Gaeltacht schools are required to have 76 pupils to qualify for 4 teachers. This will now be increased by Ruairí Quinn to 83 pupils. “Instead of taking the time to consult with communities, parents and teachers, Minister Quinn is threatening sweeping cuts with no consideration to particular cases. The threat of amalgamations has caused so much fear that we now risk a situation where parents will, in good faith, choose not to send their children to a smaller school for fear it will soon be closed.“The local school is at the very heart of smaller communities around the country. The Fianna Fáil motion tonight will call on the Government to recognise this, and to protect existing 1, 2, 3 and 4 teacher schools in the long-term interests of education in this country. I am appealing to Fine Gael and Labour TDs to think carefully about what is in the best interests of the communities they represent before voting on this motion.”LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law. Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comGOVERNMENT ‘TARGETING DONEGAL GAELTACHT & PROTESTANT SCHOOLS’ FOR CLOSURE – SENATOR was last modified: January 31st, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
MET EIREANN has issued a Yellow Alert weather warning for Donegal this evening.Winds with gusts of up to 100km/hr will pound the county, says the forecaster.There is a wind warning for all 26 counties. “South to southeast winds will reach mean speeds 45 to 65 km/hr, gusts to 80 or 90 km/hr this (Monday) afternoon and evening in exposed regions,” said Met Eireann“Tonight southerly winds veering westerly will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65 km/hr, gusts 90 to 100 km/hr, highest values in exposed coastal regions.”The warning will continue until 7pm tomorrow evening.STATUS YELLOW Wind Warning for Munster, Leinster, Connacht, Donegal, Monaghan and CavanSouth to Southeast winds will reach mean speeds 45 to 65 km/hr, gusts to 80 or 90 km/hr this afternoon and evening in exposed regions.Tonight and on Tuesday: Southerly winds veering Westerly will reach mean speeds 50 to 65 km/hr, gusts 90 to 100 km/hr, highest values in exposed coastal regions.Issued:Monday 24 February 2014 06:00Valid:Monday 24 February 2014 12:00 to Tuesday 25 February 2014 19:00 STATUS YELLOW – Weather Alert – Be AwareThe concept behind YELLOW level weather alerts is to notify those who are at risk because of their location and/or activity, and to allow them to take preventative action. It is implicit that YELLOW level weather alerts are for weather conditions that do not pose an immediate threat to the general population, but only to those exposed to risk by nature of their location and/or activity.100KM/HR WINDS ON THE WAY IN NEW MET EIREANN WEATHER WARNING was last modified: February 24th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalweather warning
Donegal’s Dr McKenna Cup clash with Fermanagh has been postponed.*Official Announcement* The Dr McKenna Cup match between Donegal and Fermanagh which was scheduled to be played later this evening at Mac Cumhaill Park has been postponed due to an unplayable pitch.Ulster Council Officials conducted a pitch inspection at 10am and again at noon and they deemed the playing surface in Ballybofey unplayable.Mac Cumhaill Park is covered in a blanket of snow following two days of heavy snow in the county. It is not yet known when the rearranged game will take place, but it is expected that the game will now take place at some stage this weekend.Donegal need to beat Fermanagh in order to progress to the knock-out stages of the Dr McKenna Cup competition.We’ll have more on the details of the rearranged fixtures when the information on the match emerges. DR MCKENNA CUP: DONEGAL VERSUS FERMANAGH POSTPONED DUE TO UNPLAYABLE PITCH was last modified: January 14th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalFermanaghGAAnewsRory GallaghersnowSportUnplayable pitch
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho fully expects Wednesday’s opponents Leicester City to avoid relegation from the Premier League this season.The Foxes have climbed to 17th place in the table – one place and one point above the relegation zone – after four consecutive victories.Chelsea, who can move move to within one win of clinching the title with victory at the King Power Stadium, edged a close game 2-0 at Stamford Bridge in August.But they could easily have trailed at the interval and Mourinho has also been impressed by City in the last few games.“I was surprised by their position,” Mourinho said. “I played them earlier in the season and I could feel that they were a good team.“I will not be surprised when they keep the division. They are playing well.“They have options for every position. They have to play at home against teams in the same area as they are.“The game against Chelsea is an extra game. So I think their situation is very good.”When asked about Leicester’s standout player, Mourinho picked Argentine midfielder Esteban Cambiasso – a player who he won the Treble with while Inter Milan boss.“He is phenomenal,” Mourinho said. “He was part of my Golden Team. He is a player who means a lot to me.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Builders and remodelers are often seen in the same light as attorneys and auto mechanics – necessary, tolerated, but not especially embraced by society. That may be because in most places, the bar is set pretty low to become a builder or remodeler.Unfortunately, a lot of under-qualified folks get into the trades. Many backed in because they couldn’t think of anything else to do and the home-building market was booming. But surely there are some good (and even great) builders out there, right? So how do consumers go about finding the good ones?Tools for consumersThis free white paper for GreenBuildingAdvisor.com titled Thinning the Herd: How to Pick the Best Eco-Builder (free registration required), provides consumers with answers to commonly asked questions about building green homes, and provides them with tips for pinpointing the right builder for a project.Download the white paper now_–Dan Morrison is the managing editor of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com._